No Tiree Array (NTA)
No Tiree Array (NTA) – Welcome / Fáilte
No Tiree Array (NTA) – With SPR dropping the Tiree (Argyll) Array in Dec 2013, No Tiree Array (NTA) had achieved its primary objective, however, Scottish Government’s pending National Marine Plan (NMP), dictated NTA remained on–going.
After systemic delay, the draft NMP, was published in Dec 2014 proposing WAVE (WW3) and WIND (OWW2) sites off Tiree. With brief flawed consultation,and debate,the NMP was Adopted in Mar 2015.
Dec 2014 was the appropriate time to moth-ball the old NTA website, and launch this new website, presenting the issues of NTA’s 4 yr campaign, and NTA’s engagement with Scottish Government on the proposed NMP.
For a history of NTA from Feb 2009, when the Tiree Array was originally announced, through to NTA’s engagement with the NMP process, please review the timeline below Ceme Online.
Background and Terms of Reference
NTA was formed in 2010 with the following Objectives and Aims:-
To use all reasonable means to:-
- Conserve the Isle of Tiree’s natural heritage, culture, economy and landscape value.
- Resist the proposed construction of the Tiree (Argyll) Array or any ancillary development within 35km of the
- island’s coastline, to accord with the recognized protocol of visual significance.
- Protect the island’s fragile environment from any detrimental impact resulting from such development.
Submission of NTAs is governed by its constitutional provisions, consequently this response is limited to
- A Tiree perspective of the national policy issues of this consultation.
- The Tiree specific issues of this consultation